If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (727) 522-0000

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Do Not Worry About Toxic Black Mold Damage In St Petersburg

11/21/2017 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Do Not Worry About Toxic Black Mold Damage In St Petersburg Mold can go grow on any surface but our SERVPRO technicians can remediate the mold "Like it never even happened."

SERVPRO Has The Necessary Tools and Expertise Remediate Your St. Petersburg Mold

If you are connected to the internet (and of course, you are, or you could not read this) you have most likely heard about toxic black mold damage. There are many articles and even whole blogs dedicated to the topic, and it is understandable that reading them worries you. Many of these sources cite damaging health effects and make mold sound terrifying. SERVPRO is glad to reassure St Petersburg homeowners that black mold is not the menace they were led to believe.

We understand that homeowners in St Petersburg are worried about toxic black mold damage because of the information that is available. However, there is no cause for concern. Let us examine the “toxic mold” story and why it is not accurate.

Mold is a naturally occurring fungus. Fungal spores are present throughout nature, and that includes inside buildings and homes. Tiny microscopic spores travel on the air or hitch a lift on clothes, boots, or even pet fur, to set up new colonies in suitable locations.

The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention state that the term “toxic mold” is not accurate. The CDC states that while some molds do produce so-called “mycotoxins,” there is not a significant risk associated with fungi. Evidence of fungus causing dangerous illness is insufficient indeed.

Does that mean that mold cannot affect your health? The CDC states that there is some link between mold and some health effects but indeed the risk is not as dire as the toxic mold blogs say! Talk of toxic mold is alarmist and unnecessary.

However, it is true that mold damages your home. The fungus needs moisture and an organic food source to grow, and once it finds food and water, it quickly forms new colonies. The visible mold you see is the vegetative stage of the fungus, ready to produce new spores.

SERVPRO recommends calling our experts at the first sign of mold. Our IICRC-certified technicians are ready to remediate the situation and reduce the risk of re-growth.

Locally Owned Company with National Resources


For help with mold remediation in Meadowlawn, Old North East, Vinoy and surrounding areas, call SERVPRO of St. Petersburg at (727) 522-0000 today. 

For more on St. Petersburg, click here

Other News

View Recent Posts